Saturday, October 1, 2011

Make Your Own Wall Decal

I wanted to paint a key on the side of this shelf.  However, the thought of painting directly on it made me nervous.  I just refinished the shelf and didn't want to paint it again if I didn't like how the key turned out.
(Read more on the next page...)
  Instead, I painted my design on clear contact paper and cut it out.  However, when I peeled the backing off  I found that I had painted on the wrong side of the paper.  Oops!  Oh well, at least I didn't have to buy more spray paint to repaint the shelf.  I used my key as a stencil and then painted another key on the correct side of the paper and stuck it on.  I love the way it turned out.  It stuck on nice and flat.  It looks like it is actually painted on the shelf.
Ella said she's gonna dream about keys that open secret locks tonight.
Sweet dreams Baby Girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment