Monday, September 26, 2011

Vegan Rice Salad - Two Versions

I love rice salad.  Usually I just cook some brown rice, mix in nutritional yeast and add whatever veggies, nuts and seeds I have in the house.  Then I toss it with my favorite italian dressing.  Yum.  Super easy. Today I made a special spicy version for my hubby.  I mixed his rice with this bang-bang sauce.  I used to make this dish with cold shredded chicken, back in my meat-eating days.

Bang-Bang Sauce
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp finely chopped scallions
1 tsp red chili oil
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp white sesame seeds
2 tbsp peanut butter, creamed with a little sesame oil

Mix together all the ingredients until thoroughly combined.  


His: Bang-Bang Rice Salad

Mine:  Rice Salad with Italian Dressing

I used these ingredients today:
Brown rice, nutritional yeast, green peppers, cucumbers, green onions, shredded carrots, chopped cabbage, pine nuts, chia seeds, hemp seeds, bang-bang sauce/italian dressing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment